Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Beast

I am disappointed.  I have just experienced a letdown that has become familiar to me.  You may be able to sympathize:  I heard a song that I had never heard before, and I really liked it.  So I just bought it.  And then I looked up the lyrics, and discovered that I had misunderstood the chorus completely.  But the real letdown is that my mistaken lyrics are so much, so much better.  You be the judge:

Song Title: "Torn"
Artist: Creed

Actual Chorus Lyrics:
The peace is dead in my soul
I have blamed...

Pretty standard fare, no?

My mistaken lyrics:
 The Beast is dead and my soul
I have claimed...
What an amazing song that could have been!  Visions of some ass-kicking champion vanquishing some abomination and reclaiming his soul from damnation.  Should have known that it was too hardcore of a song to come from the likes of "Creed".  No offense.

Next time, we analyze H.D. Thoreau's "A Plea for Captain John Brown", so find yourself a copy, a comfy chair, and a cup of hot black coffee or tea, and prepare for enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment